Monday, September 13, 2010

custom silverware case

I had the opportunity to make a custom case for a gal who had custom forks hand stamped
for her friends who are getting married next week...

The forks were hand stamped by Beach House Living. Check out their etsy shop
(they have lots of beautiful hand-stamped & handcrafted things.)

Hand stamped wedding cake forks, by Beach House Living
 When initially discussing ideas for a case, we considered a fabric envelope, or an artist brush/ knitting needles utility style roll-up with pockets. But when I saw the gorgeous forks,
I was inspired to recreate the jewelry case for my pearls. 

Each fork measures 6 3/4" tall, so I constructed the case to be approximately 8" tall and 6" wide.
I used thick card stock for the construction, and lined the embroidered black polyester blend
with quilting batting to give it a softer look.


The embroidery is a traditional wedding monogram (groom first initial - last name initial - bride's first initial) stitched with Gutterman silk thread in a beautiful Script font. 



For the lining of the case I used a beautiful black on white damask print fabric,
and included thin magnets under the fabric for closures.


To protect & display the silverware I included batting in the middle section too.
I sewed in grosgrain ribbon and added flaps to hold forks in place.


Congratulations to soon-to-be Mr. & Mrs. C.!

No comments:

Post a Comment