Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Disappearing Banana Bread

This is a very moist flavorful banana bread. I double the batch and make mini loves to share with family & friends. I love all things ginger and cinnamon, so I tend to go heavy with them when I bake this. It'd also be great, to add a handful of chopped nuts. Most importantly, the added bonus is the extra healthful Omega 3's you get from the flax seeds, and Smart Balance Oil. Hope ya'll like it!

I'm not very good with recipes. In fact, I never fall them to a tee, especially with measuring. My friends say that I tend to b.s. my way through things, I prefer to look at as being adaptive or even creative. Either way, the results end up as desired, however communicating the process often is difficult. So bear with me here....

Recipe for Banana Bread:
  • 3 over-rippened bananas, mashed
  • 1 c. all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 c.each, plus or minus, of ground almond meal & ground flax seeds (My brother-in-law, Rusty, turned me onto this for part of the flour & I'm addicted! I love the nutty flavor and texture it adds, plus the healthier benefits.)
  • 1 1/2 c. sugar
  • 1/2 c. vegetable oil ( I prefer Smart Balance Omega Oil. Click here for coupon.)
  • 1/4 c. plus a dash or two extra, organic milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda (or double this amount for baking powder- Thanks to my Dad for this tip! )
  • pinch of salt
  • dash of vanilla
  • pinch of ginger & cinnamon to taste ( I do one part ginger to 3 parts cinnamon)
 Mix all ingredients & pour into greased loaf pan. I sprinkle another dash of cinnamon & Sugar in the Raw on top. Bake at 325' for approximately an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment