Wednesday, August 25, 2010

tunic tank

Yesterday I was in a bit of foul mood (I can admit that now!) So I decided to cheer myself up by making myself a new top, from fabric I purchased when shopping with Nana last week.

I adapted the idea from a pillowcase dresses that I typically make for infants and toddlers. For which, I use the basic ideas of a great and thorough pattern from Carolina Fair Designs. (Thanks!)

For this top however, I used 3/4 yard fabric, and serged a seam right sides together, and then double-folded a 1 inch and hemmed the bottom. I then folded it in half and cut out a "J" shape for the armholes. For my top I cut approximately 7" down and 4" in. I made 1/4" double-fold bias tape from remaining fabric to finish the arm holds.Then sewed 3/4" casing at the top & threaded a yard & half satin ribbon through each casing to tie up on one side.

No comments:

Post a Comment